What are some different types of restaurants you know about? What features do you consider when choosing a restaurant?
Look at the set of IELTS Listening questions in blue. Which of the following you DO NOT NEED to listen for?
- the cuisine a restaurant offers
- location of a restaurant
- price of foods
- names of restaurants
- the speaker's opinion about a restaurant
- time when a restaurant is open
- special features of restaurants
1. Which THREE types of restaurants does the speaker recommend?
2. Which TWO places in the High Street sell vegetarian takeaway food?
3. What does the White Swan have in winter?
4. What can you see in The George on a Saturday?
5. Where is The Cellar?
Which of the following are important key words in the questions above? Key words here are words you should look for while listening
three, restaurants, recommend, High Street, vegetarian, takeaway, what, White Swan, winter, see, Saturday, where
Now listen to the audio and answer these questions. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Which THREE types of restaurants does the speaker recommend?
1. ___________________ 2. ___________________ 3. ___________________
Which TWO places in the High Street sell vegetarian takeaway food?
4. ___________________ 5. ___________________
What does the White Swan have in winter?
What can you see in The George on a Saturday?
Where is The Cellar?
Write/upload your responses below for our feedback. Also comment on the responses given by others.
আমাদের ফিডব্যাক পেতে আপনার উত্তরগুলো নিচে লিখুন/আপলোড করুন | অন্যদের উত্তরগুলোও দেখুন আর ফিডব্যাক দিন |
How much information do you keep about your work contacts? What do you do when someone's contact details you need is not in your phone?
exchanging contact details
Listen to a phone conversation between two colleagues, Raul and Mirella. Complete the missing information from a business card.
Name: Leif ___________________________
Company website: __________________
Match expressions 1-8 to responses A-H. Then listen again and check.
1. Could you give me his details?
2. Can I have his number?
3. Sorry, can you repeat that?
4. So that's 96 7 55 6745
5. And do you spell his name with one N or double N?
6. Sorry, was that E-R or A-R?
7. Do you have his email?
8. What's his company's web address?
A. A as in apple. So it's Gunnarson.
B. Yes, it's double 0 46 for Sweden. And then 967 double 5 6745.
C. It's www.SBNshipping.se/sales. The SBN is in upper case letters.
D. Double N. So that's G-U-N-N-A-R-S-O-N.
E. Yes, that's it.
F. It's email@example.com
G. Yes, sure.
H. His mobile or his office?
Listen to the conversation again, focus on the intonation (tone and voice going up or down) of the expressions 1-8 and practise saying them out loud.
Write/upload your responses below for our feedback. Also comment on the responses given by others. আমাদের ফিডব্যাক পেতে আপনার উত্তরগুলো নিচে লিখুন/আপলোড করুন | অন্যদের উত্তরগুলোও দেখুন আর ফিডব্যাক দিন |